Welcome to Blyth Valley Children's Centres website
Here you'll find information about the support, activities, courses, services and information we offer including an extensive list of links to over 80 useful websites and local contacts. Please select from the tabs above to view individual centre details.
1. Improving outcomes for young children and their families, and reducing inequalities (particularly around child development and school readiness; parenting aspirations, self-esteem and skills; family health and wellbeing), by:
2. Assessing need across the local community
3. Providing access to universal early years services in the local area
4. Providing targeted evidence based early interventions for families in greatest need,
in the context of integrated services
5. Acting as a hub for the local community, building social capital and cohesion
6. Sharing expertise with other early years settings to improve quality
We want to ensure quality in our services to children and families. We are very keen to hear from parents/carers who are interested in influencing how we deliver our services. Please contact us directly to find out how you can get more involved.
If you would like to make a comment, suggestion, complaint or compliment, please follow our Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions policy. Contact your local Children's Centre for further details.
New January - March 2018 What's on now available
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Blythvalleychildrenscentre/
We now have Mental Health First Aid trained staff at each centre, look on our "useful links" tab for a link to selfhelp guides.
Click here to view our 2014 Ofsted statement and link to the official report
Parents carers,We need your help!Starting in January we will be asking you all to complete new evaluation forms for all groups courses and activities run within, or on behalf of Children’s Centres. This is to ensure we can show we are delivering the right services in the right way and are making a difference. All services will have an “outcome” displayed –saying what we hope to achieve through the support we offer you and your child/family. We will ask you at the start to score between 1-5 where you feel you are in respect of your understanding of the topic we are sharing with you and also to score yourself at end of the course/ activity. This should only take a few minutes and staff will be there to help you. Have a very happy and healthy Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in the New year .We have lots of exciting things planned and on offer.Please share our facebook page with your friends and encourage parents and carers to access our services, particularly those you may know who are in greatest need.
Click here to view the Cafcass leaflet
Click here to view our Welfare Reform Leaflet