Your two-year-old might be entitled to receive free childcare.
Apply now for funding for Autumn Term 2014 (Starting September 1st)
Northumberland County Council has been funding a limited amount of free childcare for two-year-olds since 2009 and this programme is now being expanded.
Your two-year-old might be entitled to receive up to FIFTEEN HOURS OF FREE CHILDCARE if your family meets certain income and benefits criteria.
In order to apply families MUST meet one of the following criteria:
• Receive Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year.
• Receive Child Tax Credit ONLY – Income below 16,190.
• Receive Income Support.
• Receive Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA).
• Receive Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
• Receive Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
• Receive support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• If the child has a current Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan.
• If the child attracts Disability Living Allowance.
• If the child is Looked After by their Local Authority.
• If the child has left care through a Special Guardianship Order or through an Adoption or Residence Order.
If you are in receipt of any of these benefits you can apply online
Eligibility can only be confirmed the term in which a child turns 2, and NOT before
For more information visit: