Welcome to WebSure Version II
    Site © WebSure 2003-2018
  About Us   |   Contact   |   Feedback   |   Other Centres
our services
what's on
short courses
child safety
common questions
parent's group
for dads
oral health
just for children
for childminders
early years education
money matters
job spot!
news and downloads
useful contacts
useful links
Click here for text menu
Money Matters
Money Matters
If you are looking for information, advice or support regarding money matters you may find the following links useful:

Some of these are local organisations, others provide a national service.
Advice on Pay Day Loans
Do you need advice regarding Pay Day Loans? The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) site is an excellent place to get help and support. Check out the CAB onlin Self Help Tool Advice Guide.
Click here to view CAB Self Help Tool Advice Guide

return to top

Benefit Entitlement
If you would like to find out what benefit entitlements you have, or want to know what your benefits would be if you returned to work Jobcentre Plus can help you.

Use the web site link below to either locate your local office or view information on-line.
Click here to view Jobcentre Plus

return to top

Child Trust Fund
Check out the official. It provides information on the types of child trust fund accounts available, including updated lists of who's offering which accounts.

Children born on or after 1 September 2002 are entitled to a Child Trust Fund account. You don't need to make a claim to get the account started, the Government will automatically send you a voucher.

The account can give your child a head start as a young adult. It will help your child understand personal finance and the importance of saving for their future. The account belongs to them and when they turn 18, the money is theirs to use as they think best.
Click here to view The Child Trust Fund

return to top

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)
Does the amount of credit you have worry you?

Are you feeling anxious about what may happen?

The Consumer Credit Counselling Service is a registered charity whose purpose is to assist people who are in financial difficulty by providing free, independent, impartial and realistic advice.
Click here to view Consumer Credit Counselling Services

return to top

Credit Action
This is a national money education charity, formed to help people better manage their money.

It offers a range of resources including debt advice guides and budget sheets, which can be downloaded from its website.

They work in partnership with the Consumer Credit Counselling Service.
Click here to view the Credit Action website

return to top

Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) New Guidelines
The FCA sets out in detail how it will regulate consumer credit, including payday lending, when it takes over responsibility in April 2014. Please see the link below for the full press release from @TheFCA outlining the new guidelines for payday lenders.
Click here to view FCA Press Release

return to top

Northumberland County Council Ban Access to Loan Websites
Payday loan websites have been blocked in council owned buildings across the county.
Click here to view NCC Press Release

return to top

Northumberland Emergency & Transitional Support
What is NETs

Northumberland Emergency and Transitional support (NETs) provides discretionary support through grants and low cost loans on behalf of Northumberland County Council.It is being administered in partnership by DAWN Advice, Five Lamps and VoiCeS.NETs works to provide support to individuals/households experiencing emergencies or periods of significant change (Transition)

Emergency Support through NETs maybe available where there is an immediate need for items or services as a result of an exceptional event or unforeseen circumstances and as a result of being unable to afford the items/services the health and wellbeing of the customer and/or a member of their household will immediately deteriorate. In such case an award for short term support might be available.

Transition Support through NETs maybe available to help customers through periods of transition, for example, to remain in the community or move back into the community after a period in supported or unsettled accommodation. It does this by providing access to a range of standard items such as beds, bedding, furniture and white goods.

Who can apply to NETs

The applicant must fulfil certain criteria:

  • They must be aged 16 or over and be a resident of Northumberland
  • They must have applied for a budgeting loan or an advance payment from the DWP, where applicable, and have been declined
  • Be vulnerable as a result of an inability to afford the goods/services they need
  • Applicants can only have two awards from NETs per financial year 

If you, or someone you know, want to know more about support from NETs, contact us on our number 0300 303 1931 or visit the website 

Click here to view the website

return to top

Prepare for Universal Credit
Jobseekers to get extra help to get online and manage their finances on a monthly basis to prepare for the world of work under Universal Credit.
Click here to view Click here to visit the website

return to top

Sure Start Maternity Grant
Coping with the extra costs of a new baby can be difficult. There’s a grant to help you give your baby a positive start in life. It’s called the Sure Start Maternity Grant.

The grant is made from the Social Fund and you do not have to pay it back.

Who can get the grant?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner are getting:
  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element
  • Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award
How do I claim?
You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant on form SF100. You can get the form from the News & Downloads area of our site, click here. The form comes with notes that will help you fill it in and tell you where to send it.

If you have a partner, either of you can fill in the claim form, but make sure you include the name of the baby’s mother.

You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant at any time from the 29th week of your pregnancy until your child is three months old.

If you are adopting a baby, you must claim the grant within three months of the adoption and the baby should be no more than 12 months old when you claim.

If you or you or your partner have been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth, you must claim within three months of the date of the parental order.
Click here to view Department for Work & Pensions-Maternity Grant LINK

return to top

Tax Credit payments for families with children
9 out of 10 families with children are entitled to tax credits. You can be given Child Tax Credit in the form of payments from the government regardless of whether you are working or not.

Child Tax Credit is paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children. If you are a lone parent you will receive the payment.

Working Tax Credit is for people who are employed or self-employed (either on their own or in a partnership), who usually work 16 hours or more a week, who are paid for that work, and who expect to work for at least 4 weeks.

For more information either select the following web site link or call the Helpline on 0845 300 3900 (textphone 0845 300 3909 ).
Click here to view Inland Revenue Tax Credits

return to top

Home | Our Services | What's On | Short Courses | Childcare | Child Safety | Common Questions | Parent's Group | For Dads | Oral Health | Just for Children | For Childminders | Volunteers | Early Years Education | Money Matters | Job Spot! | News and Downloads | Useful Contacts | Useful Links |
Site © WebSure 2003-2018 login